- Lincolnwood, IL, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Health, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation time, sick pay, tuition assistance and much more! (Eligibility based on FTE)
MTS, a leading provider of Tax Consulting Services, is currently seeking an entry-level Tax Analyst who will be exposed to a variety of project opportunities. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze planning opportunities for clients
- Coordinate responses to government inquiries
- Keep up to date with current federal and state tax issues
- Review and assist in preparation of various tax returns in all disciplines of taxation
- Assist in coordinating, preparation and presentation of tax credit calculations
- Assist clients with tax registrations
- Assist clients with exemption certificates for sales tax
- Work with appraisers or other experts in connection with appeals, audits, litigation support or other consulting projects
- Assist with preparation of tax appeals
- Assist with tax audits to conclusion
- Keep within standard company guidelines and templates
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Communicate electronically, by phone, and in person with clients regularly with professionalism and efficiency
The Tax analyst will gain exposure to a variety of client opportunities; which includes performing analyses on a variety of client projects. The Tax analyst will gain practical experience managing and analyzing large volumes of data in Microsoft Excel, and will participate on special projects as needed.
MTS has expanded its service offerings to include all areas of tax - federal, state and local (income, sales and use property), and international. The new services include tax preparation services, reviewing income tax returns for liability reduction opportunities, planning initiatives to reduce future taxes, research and private letter rulings, tax credit work, audit representation with the IRS and state agencies, and assisting companies with sales tax, property tax, and payroll tax issues.
Minimum Qualifications and competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting. New graduates are accepted
- Effective analytical and communications skills
- The position requires an individual with research, analytical, writing and computer skills
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- The individual must work effectively under time constraints. The individual must have the ability to manage his/her normal workload as well as recognize tax planning opportunities and effectively guide their implementation.
MTS provides opportunities to businesses ranging from the Fortune 500 to small and mid-size companies. MTS Consulting is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package.