- West Chicago, IL, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Health, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation time, sick pay, tuition assistance and much more! (Eligibility based on FTE)
Assist in coordinating, developing, and maintaining quality activity programs providing opportunities for residents to engage in meaningful social and diversified activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in the program planning process, led by the Activities Director
- Assures that all activity procedures are followed in accordance with established policies
- Carries out planned activity program (s) based on Activity Director's assessment
- Explains principles, techniques, and safety procedures for organized on-site activities to participants and demonstrates use of materials and equipment
- Observes, analyzes, and records residents' participation, assessments, reactions, and progress during activity sessions
- Plans special events for residents, such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc
- Makes suggestions for new and varied activities to Activity Director and provides residents with the opportunity for self-expression and choices
- Promotes self-esteem and social interaction of all residents and encourages participation and involvement in activities
- Assists residents with personal correspondence
- Orders needed supplies (i.e. art and craft supplies, party supplies, etc.) and tracks inventory
- Provides bedside activities and follow-up for residents unable to attend regularly scheduled activities
- Identifies and provides adaptive devices for residents with sensory deficits (i.e., large-print books, tape recorders)
- Updates calendars and, under the supervision of the Activity Director, prepares a monthly activity calendar, distributes activities schedule to residents and posts for easy reference by residents
- Begins activities on time and does not cancel groups unless Activity Director provides prior approval
- Prepares materials and supplies needed for daily programs
- Performs other duties as directed
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; minimum of 1 years of experience conducting activities; or an equivalent combination of education and experience